Ambra Fruit Chutney Recipe | Umbra Fruit Sauce| Ambrella Chutney| Ambra Chutney
Ambra which is also called as Umbra, Ambrella, Hop plum, June plum etc. It is a tropical fruit and possesses essential nutrients needed by the body, also one of the richest sources of Vitamin C. It is sour in taste and found during summers.
It has anti-ageing properties, helps to treat a cough, improves vision, boosts the immune system and also controls cholesterol level.
You can make spice sweet-sour condiment sauce, juice, pickles using this fruit. But as a kid, I always loved having Umbra Chutney, which my Mom uses to make.
Today, I will share the recipe with you all. Do make it and enjoy as a dipping sauce with snacks.
- 250 gram. ambra (Peeled & Chopped)
- 1 tsp. panch phoran (Bengali five spice)
- 1 tbsp. mustard oil
- 2 dry red chilli
- ½ Tsp. turmeric powder
- 9-10 mint leaves
- Salt to taste
- Sugar to taste
- 1 cup water
- Heat a pan, put mustard oil, panch phoran and dry red chilli. Let it crackle.
- Add the chopped Ambra and cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Then add salt, sugar, turmeric powder, mix well and cook for another 5-6 minutes or until the Ambra becomes soft.
- Add water and cook for another few minutes until the water reduces and turns into a saucy texture.
- Add the mint leaves, mix and turn off the gas.
- Serve as dipping sauce with snacks.