Here is a wonderful recipe for baba ganoush, which is a classic Middle Eastern eggplant- based dip originally from Lebanon. It has a very similar texture and taste as that of hummus, a chickpea dip.
Flatbreads and pitas go perfectly with this beautiful fusion of Arab-Mediterranean cuisines.
Baba Ganoush is made is eggplant, tahini, garlic and lemon juice. Easy to make, this dip is definitely a crowd pleaser!
This tasty baba ganoush recipe is a great dip option for snack lovers.
Adjust the amount of eggplant, garlic and lemon juice in this rich flavoured eggplant dip depending on how creamy, garlicky or tart you want it to be. The dip can served with a garnish of chopped fresh coriander leaves, olive or pickled cucumber.
- 2 eggplants
- 3-5 chopped garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2-3 tbsp. of tahini
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp. chopped coriander
- Place the eggplant directly over the gas stove and turns the eggplants frequently until deflated and the skin is evenly charred. Remove from heat and let it cool.
- Peel the blackened skin from the eggplant flesh, In a blender blend it for a smooth puree. Transfer the eggplant into a bowl.
- Add the chopped garlic and tahini to the eggplant and stir in until smooth.
- Stir in lemon juice and season with salt and pepper to taste and spoon into a serving bowl.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and olives and serve with some Pita bread.