Beetroot and Carrot Cake | Vegetable Cake | Healthy Cake Recipe
This is really simple to make and tastes delicious too. It’s perfect vegetable cake with a cheeky little twist on every child’s favorite treat.
I had two beetroots and a few carrots lying in my refrigerator so, I thought of making this cake by adding ginger and cinnamon which goes really well. Also, I have added orange juice to enhance the taste of the cake.
Yes, this simple cake is made with carrots and beets! And you won’t believe how great it is when served hot with chocolate sauce. Yummy!
- Beetroot and carrot together help relieve constipation by stimulating the metabolism system.
- The flavourful combination also helps balance the blood sugar levels.
- Protects the heart from various diseases.
- Both beetroot and carrot is a natural immunity booster.
- 3-4 tbsp. butter
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- Pinch of cinnamon powder
- 1 cup powder sugar (prefer brown sugar)
- 1 cup grated carrot
- ½ cup grated beetroot
- 1 tbsp. grated ginger
- ½ cup of orange juice
- ½ cup raisin & chocolate chips mixed
- 3 eggs
- Grease a round cake pan with butter and line with baking parchment.
- Stain the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon powder, and salt into a bowl. Stir in sugar, carrot, beetroot, ginger, raisin, and chocolate chips.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the eggs, butter, and orange juice, then stir into the dry ingredients.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared pan and bake in a preheated oven, 180 degrees Celsius, for 40- 45 minutes, until firm to touch.
- Let it cool in the pan. Serve with Chocolate sauce.