Agasti is a very popular flower in Asian countries and popularly known a Bok Phool in West Bengal, India.
In Bengali Bok means Crane and due to its bird look alike crane it is known as Bok Phool. This curvy shaped flower is creamy white in color.
Bok Phool bhaja is a very tasty and yummy traditional Bengali recipe. We enjoy this fritters accompanied with tea, puffed rice, boil rice and lentils. This are dipped in batter and deep fried and get ready within few minutes.
- 8-10 bok phool
- ½ tsp. turmeric powder
- ½ tsp. caraway seeds
- ½ tsp. red chilli powder
- ½ cup chickpea flour
- ¼ cup rice flour
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep frying
- Remove the tentacle which is inside the flower hidden by the petals and wash it carefully.
- In a bowl mix all the ingredients and make a thick batter by adding water.
Heat the oil into a skillet.
- Dip each flower into the batter and coat well.
- Deep fry the flower until golden brown.
- Serve hot with tea, puffed rice, boil rice and lentils.