This is Hong Kong’s steamed dumplings has rice rolled over the Chicken Mince and once it gets steamed, the rice puffs, resembling a Porcupine.
- 250 gram mince chicken
- 2 tbsp. chopped onion
- 1 tbsp. chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp. chopped ginger
- 1 tbsp. soya sauce
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 tsp. black pepper powder
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup rice (Basmati)
- Wash and soak the rice for an hour. Drain the water and keep aside.
- Place the chicken mince in a bowl. Mix all the ingredients and divide into equal sized small balls.
- Roll the balls in the soaked rice and place these pocupine on a plate.
- Get the steamer ready and steam this for 15-20 minutes till the rice is soft and cooked and looks like a flower.
- Remove and serve with chilli garlic sauce and soy sauce.