Today I have a new side dish recipe for you, that is so easy to make and so tasty and good! Simple yet delicious Chinese garlic mushrooms recipe makes a delicious first course when served in smaller portions.
This extremely delicious Chinese mushrooms are so good and so authentic side dish and are perfect to serve up as a side dish for dinner or lunch. These mushrooms will be loved by all.
Your guests will think it came from a Chinese restaurant!
These hot & spicy garlic mushrooms go well with just anything plain rice, fried rice, noodles or serve as a starter.
- 20-25 fresh button mushroom
- 15-20 garlic cloves
- ½ tsp. black pepper powder
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- ¼ tsp. MSG (Ajinomoto)
- 1 cup refined flour
- ½ cup corn flour
- 1 cup oil (for deep frying)
- ¼ tsp. baking powder
- 2-3 dried chillies
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 tbsp. red chilli flakes
- 3-4 tbsp. tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp. white vinegar
- 2 tbsp. red chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup water
- ½ medium green capsicum
- ½ medium red capsicum
- ½ medium yellow capsicum
- 1 onion (quartered layered separated)
- 1 spring onion
- Grind six cloves of garlic to smooth paste and chop the rest.
- Mix garlic paste, lemon juice, soy sauce, black pepper powder, MSG and salt to taste. Marinate the mushrooms in this mixture for ten to fifteen minutes.
- Mix refined flour, half cup of corn flour, baking powder, three fourth cup of oil, salt, and three fourth cup of water. Whisk thoroughly to make the batter of pouring consistency and set aside for 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a wok, dip mushrooms in the batter and deep fry for 2 -3 minutes on medium heat, turning frequently until crisp and golden brown. Drain on absorbent paper and set aside.
- Mix two tbsp. of corn flour and 1 cup water.
- Heat 3 tbsp. of oil in a wok: add red chillies and chopped garlic and stir fry for few seconds. Add tomato sauce, vinegar, red chilli sauce, sugar and salt to taste. Stir in vegetable stock and continue to cook on high heat for one minute.
- Add the capsicum, onion and spring onion and cook for a couple of minutes more. Stir in the cornflour mixture and cook, stirring continuously, till the sauce starts to thicken.
- Stir the fried mushrooms into the sauce and toss well to coat. Drizzle with sesame oil, sprinkle with red chilli flakes and serve hot.