Here is another super healthy creamy soup prepared with broccoli, stock, and milk or cream as primary ingredients.
It is a Thick, Smooth and Velvety Cream of Broccoli soup with delightful tiny crunchy bites of broccoli in every bite. Exactly the way I like it!
This recipe will make a broccoli lover out of you! It’s simple, yet satisfying.
If that sounds like something you might enjoy too, then head to your kitchen and make it.
Prepare time: 10 min
Cook time: 25 min
Ready in: 35 min
- 400 gram fresh broccoli flowerets
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. corn flour
- 2 cups vegetable stock/ water
- 1 cup milk
- 1 bay leaf
- Chopped coriander/parsley
- ½ cup cream
- Chop broccoli roughly, put into a large bowl with butter and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in flour and add stock, milk, thyme, parsley, bay leaf, salt and pepper and cook for 10 minutes, stirring several times.
- Remove the bay leaf and pour the soup into a blender and puree it until smooth.
- Add cream and re heat the soup for 2 minutes.
- Blanch a broccoli floweret for garnish.
- Serve the soup with a broccoli floret.