Cream of Celery Soup
From a long time I have been wanted to make cream of celery soup and finally, I made the soup and I am already in love with this soup.
It is a low-fat version of cream of celery soup that’s low in calories and delicious too!
A fabulous soup that even people who don’t like celery will love! It is a great way to use up extra celery. Give it a try!
Prepare time: 10 min
Cook time: 25 min
Ready in: 35 min
- 4 cups of chopped Celery
- 1 shallot/ Onion chopped
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup vegetable stock/water
- ½ cup cream
- 1 thyme
- Dried Oregano
- Lemon slice
- In a bowl put butter, than add shallot and celery. Keep stirring until celery and shallot are soft.
- Put flour and keep stirring, add stock, milk, thyme, salt and pepper. Cover and cook for 2 minutes.
- Allow the soup to cool and pour the soup into a food processor, puree until smooth.
- Return the soup to the bowl and re heat for 2 minutes. Stir in the cream and adjust the seasoning.
- Serve and garnish with Celery leaf and a slice of lemon.