Cream of Mushroom Soup
The secret to this deep rich cream of mushroom soup is a very simple soup, the key to unlocking the mushroom’s magic with cream or milk.
This is a just pure essence of mushroom with a smooth texture that has intensely earthy flavor is such a hearty and warming soup.
This is one of my favorite soup and I love to make it during winters mostly. Serve with crusty bread for dipping!
Prepare time: 10 min
Cook time: 20 min
Ready in: 30 min
- 250 gram mushroom chopped
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 cup of vegetable stock/water
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. corn flour
- ½ cup cream
- In a large bowl put the mushroom, butter, onion and cook for 4 minutes or until the mushrooms are soft.
- Add flour and stir well. Gradually add the stock and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add milk, thyme, oregano, salt, pepper and cook until boiling.
- Stir several times during cooking.
- Put into a food processor and puree until smooth.
- Re heat into the bowl, add cream to the soup and cook for 2 minutes.
- Serve the soup garnished with sliced mushroom.