Before I talk about this delicious recipe, I must disclose this is not an original creation by me. I saw this recipe one day while surfing on internet.
These French Toast Roll-Ups are a yummy twist on a classic and traditional French toast recipe. Not only were these French toast roll-ups easy to make, but kids, as well as elders, loved them!.
These French toast roll-ups. White bread is topped with peanut butter and a few slices of strawberries rolled and then fried. You can also add bananas instead of strawberry, both the combination is great, and one of the healthiest foods with which you could start your day.
They’re just sweet enough to eat by themselves, but you can always sprinkle them with cinnamon sugar or drizzle some syrup/chocolate sauce over the top if you want to go over the top.
These are perfect for breakfast, but we can have them all day!
- 8 slices white sandwich bread
- Peanut butter
- Diced strawberries
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Butter, for greasing the pan
- Cut the crust from each slice of bread and flatten it out with a rolling pin.
- Place about 1-2 teaspoons of your chosen filling 1 inch from one end of the bread in a strip. Roll the bread up tightly and repeat with the remaining pieces of bread
- In a shallow bowl whisk the eggs and milk until well combined.
- In a separate shallow bowl mix the sugar with the cinnamon.
- Heat a skillet set over medium heat and melt a tablespoon of butter.
- Dip each bread roll in the egg mixture coating well and then place them in the pan seam side down. Cook in batches until golden brown, turning them to cook and brown on all sides, about 2 minutes per side. Add butter to the pan as needed.
- Add cooked rolls immediately from the pan to the cinnamon sugar and roll until completely covered in sugar. You can serve with syrup or chocolate sauce for dipping but I think they’re perfectly good all by themselves.