Hashbrown breakfast cups are one of my favourites as it tastes awesome. It’s like having everything in one small cup.
Nothing can be better than this quick and easy breakfast recipe. Kids love them a lot. I must say even we elders also like them.
- 4-5 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 cups of shredded potatoes
- 1 cup of potato starch
- 7 eggs
- ½ cup grated cheddar
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped bell peppers
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Preheat the oven at 200 degree Celsius. Coat the muffin tin with butter.
- In a bowl add potatoes, butter, 1 egg, salt and pepper and mix thoroughly. Place 1/2 cup mixture into each muffin cup, firmly pressing into bottom and up side of each cup. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small non-stick pan, put 1 tbsp. butter & 1 tbsp. oil over medium heat. Add onion and bell peppers and cook stirring occasionally, until the onion softened. Season with salt & pepper.
- Put the onion and bell pepper mixture into t the hash brown cups topped with cheddar and bake for 2 minutes.
- Remove from oven and crack one egg into each cup and season with salt & pepper. Bake until the egg whites are set but yolks are still runny.
- With a offset spatula, remove cups from pan and serve immediately.