Kolar Khosha Bata | Raw Banana Peel Mash | Banana Peel Recipe
Very few people know that raw banana peel is edible and can be eaten. It contains fibre, protein, magnesium, potassium and Vitamin B. It also, helps in good sleep, protects your heart and controls depression.
In the eastern part of India, it is eaten a lot with hot boiled rice. My mom always uses to make this Kacha kalar khosha bata (raw banana peel mash). Today, I will share her recipe, which can be prepared by using very few ingredients.
You can enjoy this delicious mash with hot boiled rice. So, let’s get cooking!
- 4 Raw banana peel
- 4-5 garlic cloves
- 2 green chilli
- ½ Tsp. black onion seeds (kalonji)
- 2 tbsp. mustard oil
- 1 dry red chilli
- ½ Tsp. turmeric powder
- ½ tbsp. sugar
- 2 cups of water
- Salt to taste
- In a pressure cooker put 2 cups of water, 1 tbsp. salt and the banana peel. Cook until 3 whistles.
- Let the boiled peel cool down and then put it into the blender along with green chilli and garlic cloves. Blend to get a smooth paste. (You can use mortar and pestle to make the paste).
- Heat a pan, into it, put the mustard oil, red chilli and the black onion seeds and let it crackle.
- Add the banana paste into the pan and mix well. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Then, add sugar, turmeric powder and salt to taste mix well. Cook for another 5-6 minutes until the colour changes to blackish. At this time check the taste and adjust the seasoning as per your taste.
- Serve with hot boiled rice.