The King of fruits mango is everywhere so why not use in dessert and enjoy.
I have enhanced the traditional Kalakand mithai with a twist by adding mango puree and made a very delicious mango flavored Kalakand.
Kalakand is a very delicious and well known sweet by all of us and easy to make too.
Try this delicious Mango Kalakand and share your experience!
- 500 gram Paneer (Cottage cheese)
- 1 cup milkmaid
- 1 cup Mango puree
- 1 tbsp. Elaichi powder (Cardamom powder)
- 2 tbsp. grated pista (pistachio nut)
- 1 tbsp. ghee (clarified butter) to grease the plate.
- Mash Paneer coarsely and mix the mango puree and milkmaid.
- In a thick bottom pan on medium heat cook the mixture by stirring constantly till the time the mixture becomes thick and starts leaving the sides of the pan.
- Remove from gas and sprinkle elaichi powder.
- Transfer the kalakand onto a greased plate and spread the grated pista on top.
- Refrigerate kalakand for at least 2 hours then cut into squares and serve.