Pomelo is known as Chakotra, Batabi lebu, Robab tenga, etc and is grown in India, China, Fiji, Malaysia, Thailand. They are a staple fruit in many Chinese and Japanese diets. This is the largest out of all citrus fruits. They look yellow and pale green in color but they aren’t as juicy as grapefruit, sweeter in taste and less acidic than grapefruit.
It is delicious in salad, salsa, juice and can be added in the marination. But make sure to remove all the pith and membrane.
It contains several Vitamins, Minerals, Antioxidants and highly nutritious with full of fiber. Promotes weight loss, has anti-aging properties.
You can enjoy pomelo same way, you would enjoy your favorite citrus fruit and make it a healthy addition to your diet.
Today I have made a simple yet very delicious salad.
- 500 gram. pomelo
- 2 tbsp. roasted peanut (roughly crushed)
- 1 red chili (finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 string of mint leave
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. fresh coriander leaves (chopped)
- 1 tsp. jaggery powder
- Salt to taste
1. Remove both the pith and the peel by simply cutting them away with a sharp knife. Once you have segments of the pomelo, remove the membrane, and then gently tease apart the little shreds of flesh.
2. Put the pomelo flesh into a large mixing bowl.
3. Add all the remaining ingredients and mix them nicely. Taste the salad and adjust the seasoning if required.
4. Serve in a salad bowl and enjoy.