It is a soup based on potatoes, leeks, broth, and heavy cream.
A smooth, creamy vegetable soup that’s full of flavor. Make it into a meal with plenty of bread and butter.
The whole family will enjoy this easy to make potato and leek soup as it is the most comforting and familiar of winter.
Leek and potato soup is such a classic soup; although it’s usually eaten hot, it’s also surprisingly delicious eaten cold on a summer’s day.
Prepare time: 10 min
Cook time: 20 min
Ready in: 30 min
- 2 leeks sliced thinly
- 2 cups of potato diced
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 cup of vegetable stock/water
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 bay leaf
- Chopped coriander
- Put leek, potatoes, bay leaf, thyme, stock, milk, salt and pepper in a saucepan or pressure cooker and cook till 3 whistles.
- Uncover and allow it to cool slightly. Remove the bay leave and thyme and pour the soup in a blender and puree until smooth.
- Check seasoning and heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Serve with chopped coriander and a spoonful of cream.