Pumpkin Flower Fritters | Pumpkin Flower Recipe | Fried Pumpkin Flower Recipe | Kumro Phuler Pakora
“Pumpkin Flower Fritters” This crunchy pumpkin flowers are very easy to make and gets ready within a few minutes and can be a great vegan starter. It looks as good as it tastes, this is the reason I am sharing this with you.
2 days ago while walking down the lane for morning walk, I saw these beauties and could not resist myself from plucking them.
It has an orange-yellow hue and many people are really not aware of that these flowers are edible and very popular in West Bengal and in some parts of North Eastern states, as well as in Kerala.
This flower is a good source of dietary fiber, calcium, potassium, magnesium, iron, phosphorus, Vitamin A, C, B6.
Due to the rich properties of minerals, antioxidants, and vitamins it is considered incredibly healthy.
- 8-10 pumpkin flowers
- ¼ th cup rice flour
- ¼ th cup chickpea flour (besan)
- 2 tbsp. Semolina
- ½ tsp. Chili powder
- ½ tsp. Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp. Cumin powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup mustard oil (for frying)
- Water as required
- Clean and wash the pumpkin flower carefully and keep aside on a towel to drain the excess water.
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients by adding water to make a thick batter with pouring consistency.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan and then reduce it to medium heat.
- Take one pumpkin flower at a time and dip it into the batter and coat it nicely.
- Fry the pumpkin flowers until golden brown and crisp.
- Serve hot with ketchup or chili sauce and enjoy the crispy crunchy fritters as snacks.