Raw Banana Chips Recipe | Yellow Banana Chips | Banana Wafers | Raw Banana Wafers
Banana Chips is the most famous South Indian snacks enjoyed by one and all.
These chips are often eaten as a “Vrat” food or food that you eat when you are fasting by abstaining from eating meat or heavily prepared food. People keep vrat for various Hindu religious occasions, such as during the nine auspicious days of Navratri.
Banana Chips is a vegan and gluten-free, salty, crispy and irresistible snack that can be prepared using just 3 ingredients in less than 20 minutes. I prefer to make it at home than buying store bought ones. It is very easy to make.
It would be good if you apply some oil on your hand; plantains discharge a gluey serum that is both hard to get off the skin and also gets in between your nails.
These banana chips are traditionally fried in coconut oil, but you can use refined oil also.
You can store the chips in an air-tight container for over a month and eat them whenever you want. Traditionally raw banana chips are fried in coconut oil, but you can use refined oil also.
Each piece is crunchy and packed with all-natural rich flavor. High in potassium, banana chips are a healthy treat for kids and grown-ups alike. Bananas are a nutritious food rich in potassium and fiber, which are fried or dehydrated to make banana chips. Though banana chips supply essential vitamins and minerals, you’re better off eating a fresh banana.
They are perfect to have as a snack with evening tea or coffee. So what are you waiting for, let’s make yourself the famous Kerala banana chips “Kaya Varathathu”.
- 5-6 raw bananas
- 1/2 tsp. red chili powder
- 1 tsp. turmeric Powder
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep frying
- Wash and peel the bananas. Cut them with the chips cutter into equally thin slices.
- Add salt, red chili powder and turmeric powder to the chips and mix them well. Leave the mixture for 5 minutes.
- Take a pan and heat some oil into it to fry.
- Now put some banana chips into the pan and fry them till they are crispy. Take them out in a plate, and let it cool.
- Fry all the other chips in the same manner.
- Crispy Raw Banana Chips are ready.
- Serve them with hot tea or coffee.