Til Aloo Ko Achaar | Sesame Potato Snacks | Til Aloo Recipe
Til Aloo is a typical Nepali snacks and one of the dishes very close to my heart. This is the first dish I have made for the first time, with the help of my sister, when I was in school. During our school days we were not allowed to get into the kitchen. This dish is very easy to make and require only few ingredients. Recently received some homegrown sesame seeds, so couldn’t resist myself and made this yummy dish. Moreover, new baby potatoes are available in the market these days.
In Nepal Sesame seeds are used in various forms and in many dishes. This Til Aloo is one of the most popular dishes served as a side dish or as an appetizer.
- 500 gram baby potatoes (boiled & peeled)
- 2 tbsp. mustard oil/ sesame oil
- 5-6 chopped garlic cloves
- 4-5 chopped green chilies
- 1 tbsp. chopped ginger (optional)
- 2 medium onion chopped
- 4 tbsp. roasted & crushed sesame seeds
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil into a pan and add the onion, garlic, chilies and ginger, Toss until turns brown.
- Add the boiled potatoes and mix well or cook until the potatoes turn golden brown in colour.
- Add Salt t taste and the crushed sesame and mix well, so that the potatoes get coated nicely.
- Serve hot as an appetizer.