Pannacotta is an Italian classic dessert of sweetened cream thickened with gelatin and moulded. A custard-like dessert that pairs well with fresh fruit, a compote of baked fruits, or even just a spoonful of fresh fruit jelly and tastes wonderful with ripe red fruits such as raspberries, strawberries, or sweet cherries.
Easy to make and can be prepared in advance.
Spinach Pannacotta is one of my favourites as it is the healthiest version of the dessert.
For the Spinach pannacotta
- 1 cup spinach puree
- 1 cup cream
- 2 tbsp. ghee
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 2 tbsp. milk powder
- Pinch of Cardamom powder
- Agar-agar (China grass)
For the Beetroot sauce
- ½ cup beetroot puree
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- ½ tsp. ginger juice
For Spinach Pannacotta
- In a pan put the ghee and spinach puree, cook for a minute. Add the sugar, cardamom powder and milk powder and cook for a minute.
- Add the cream and mix well. Finally add the soaked agar- agar and mix well so that there is no lumps.
- Transfer it into small moulds and let it cool down and set.
For Beetroot sauce
- In a pan heat the beetroot puree with the orange juice, ginger juice and sugar and cook until it becomes thick.
- Serve the Pannacotta with the beetroot sauce and crumbs.