Watercress and Potato Soup
True watercress is a pungent British delicacy best showcased in a light summer soup and the success of this soup recipe depends on using the freshest watercress available.
A peppery soup with lively watercress and potatoes blended into a smooth bowlful of deliciousness.
This simple soup highlights the flavor of watercress: clean and slightly bitter but not overwhelming. The potato gives this soup enough extra body to make it a satisfying lunch or light dinner.
Perfect for winter! Try this delicious and easy Watercress soup recipe.
Prepare time: 10 min
Cook time: 30 min
Ready in: 40 min
- 1 bunch of watercress
- 2 cups diced potato
- 1 cup vegetable stock/ water
- 1 cup cream
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. butter
- Lemon juice
- Chilli flakes
- Put the butter, onion, potatoes into a large bowl cover with lid and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add stock, salt, pepper, a pinch of nutmeg and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Add the chopped watercress and coo for another 5 minutes.
- Put the soup into a blender and puree until smooth.
- Return to the bowl. Stir in the cream and cook for 3-4 minutes into low heat.
- Stir in the lemon juice to taste and adjust the seasoning.
- Serve the soup garnished with some chilli flakes.
- Serve hot or cold.