Moringa drumstick soup is one of the most healthy and nutritious soup, which tastes delicious. It is also one of the easiest and simplest soup made with drumsticks.
I make this soup as well as other recipes of moringa drumstick very often due to it medicinal properties and health benefits. Give my soup recipe a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Health benefits of moringa drumsticks:
- It helps you streamline blood circulation.
- It helps improve digestive health.
- Effective in lowering blood pressure.
- It helps in reducing the development of stone in the kidney and bladder.
- Along with weight loss, it can help you manage diabetes, hypertension, and asthma.
- Protects the liver against damage caused by anti-tubercular drugs and quicken its repair process.
- Posses blood purifying properties and further acts as a potent antibiotic agent.
- Promotes a healthy bone structure due to the presence of a high amount of calcium and iron that not only helps build strong bones, also prevents the loss of bone density, further increasing overall stamina and health.
- It is an excellent source of B vitamins like riboflavin, vitamin B12, and niacin, which are known to play a vital role in improving your digestive system. B vitamins help to break down the foods and make it easier to digest smoothly.
- 250 gram. moring drumsticks (cut into small pieces & sliced in half)
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 shallot finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp. ginger powder
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- Black pepper powder to taste
- Salt to taste
- Few drops of fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped coriander and mint leaves
- Put the cut moringa drumsticks, chopped onion into a large saucepan and add water just until all the pieces are covered. Bring it to boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the moringa drumsticks are tender.
- Cool it down and put it into a blender and puree it.
- Strain the puree and remove the flesh and reserve the stock.
- Heat butter into a pan, add the stock, black pepper powder, salt, garlic powder, and ginger powder and bring it to boil.
- Add a few drops of lemon juice and garnish with chopped mint and coriander leaves and serve.