Honey Chilli Lotus Stem
- 500 gram Lotus stem, sliced in round shape
- 1 Green capsicum, cut into dices
- 1 Yellow bell pepper, cut into dices
- 1 Red bell pepper, cut into dices
- ½ cup Spring onion, chopped
- 1 Onion, cut into dices
- 1 tbsp. garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp. ginger, chopped
- 1 tbsp. Thai chilli chopped
- 1 tbsp. soya sauce
- 2 tbsp. ketchup
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 2 tbsp. corn flour
- ½ tbsp. chilli powder/ paprika
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp. roasted peanuts
- Chopped spring onion
1 In a bowl out the lotus stem, add salt, corn flour, chilli powder/paprika and mix well.
2 In a pan, heat oil and deep fry the lotus stem and keep it aside.
3 In another pan/ wok heat 1 tbsp. of oil, put the garlic, ginger, Thai chilli and stir fry until it becomes little brown.
4 Add the onion, capsicum, bell peppers and sauté it for 2-3 minutes.
5 Put the fried lotus, soya sauce, ketchup, honey, spring onion, peanut and mix well.
6 Serve hot in a serving plate with chopped spring onion and roasted peanut.