Haldi Ka Doodh is also known as turmeric tea, golden milk is an Indian milk-based drink that has its roots in Ayurveda, this warm healing beverage is a great immunity booster and is made with the combination of turmeric as the key ingredients, along with other ingredients like black pepper, cinnamon, ginger, licorice, coconut milk, coconut oil.
Familiar to many people as a key ingredient in curry powder, turmeric which originates in Southern Asia, has a long history of use in Ayurvedic medicines for hundreds of years. It is largely used for digestive and liver disorders, although modern research also suggests that it has potent antioxidant properties and can reduce cholesterol levels.
Considering the present pandemic situation everyone is looking for food and drinks that boost immunity. So, I thought of sharing the recipe. Since turmeric helps in building the immunity of the body with its medicinal properties. Curcumin the main active component in turmeric has powerful antioxidants, anti-inflammatory, antiseptic and antibiotic properties.
I am sharing the recipe for making the golden milk paste, which is super easy to make and is a variation of regular turmeric milk. You can store the golden milk paste in a glass jar for 7-10 days in the fridge. Add one teaspoon of the golden turmeric paste into one cup of warm milk.
Note: If you are vegan then instead of animal milk you can use almond milk/soya milk/coconut milk.
The beverage is delicious on its own with lots of health benefits.
- Remedy to boost immunity and stave off illness.
- Improve memory and brain function.
- Lowers blood sugar level.
- Protects against heart disease.
- It helps with fighting skin infections, disorders, and allergies.
- Beneficial in treating joint and bone issues including arthritis.
- Anti-inflammatory properties present in the turmeric milk helps manage digestive issues by promoting digestion.
- 5 tbsp. turmeric powder
- 1 cup of water
- 2 tbsp. grated ginger
- 2 crushed licorice sticks (1 inch each)
- 1 tsp. ginger powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp. black pepper powder
- 5-6 tbsp. coconut milk
- 2-3 tbsp. honey
- In a saucepan add water with grated ginger and crushed licorice stick and boil it until it reduces to a half cup.
- Remove from heat and strain the water.
- Pour the stained water into the saucepan and add turmeric powder, mix it till a paste.
- Add black pepper powder, ginger powder, cinnamon powder, coconut milk, and mix nicely into the paste.
- Put it back on flame and cook for a minute.
- Remove from flame and once cooled add honey and mix it nicely.
- Transfer the prepare turmeric paste into a small glass jar and store it in the fridge.
- Add one teaspoon of the turmeric paste mixture in one cup of warm milk, also add more honey as per your taste if required.