Bihari Sattu Drink Recipe | Sattu Ka Namkeen Sharbat | Sattu Ka ghol | Sattu Drink
This Sattu Drink is a desi summer cooler from Bihar, which is made in both sweet and savory version. However, I love the savory version, which is made with roasted chickpea flour, black salt, and some spices.
This drink is originated from Bihar and very popular for its cooling properties and loved almost everywhere in India. Also, it is considered as one of the best Superfood of India.
During this time of summer, we all get the craving to drink something cool and hydrating, that’s when you should have this healthy summer drink. As they are cool and best to keep heat away, as well as it keeps you active and energetic throughout the day. It keeps you full for a longer period of time and so helps to prevent unwanted hunger pangs.
It is very healthy and is full of nutrients, fiber and proteins. Due to its high fiber content, it is ideal for the poor digestive system, fighting flatulence, treating constipation and combating acidity. It is also beneficial for growing children, pregnant women, and senior citizen.
You can have this drink any time of the day, in breakfast or lunch. Though the preferred time is around afternoon.
People say “A glass of sattu drink a day, keeps the parlor away”. This summer cooler from Bihar is a Must try.
- 1 cup chana sattu (roasted chickpea flour)
- 2 green chilies (chopped)
- 2 tbsp. onion (chopped)
- 2 tbsp tomato (deseeded and chopped)
- 1 tbsp. coriander (chopped)
- 2-3 tbsp. Lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. Roasted cumin powder
- Rock salt to taste
- 5 cup of chilled water
- In a big bowl add all the ingredients and mix well, so that there is no lumps.
- Adjust the seasoning as per your taste.
- Serve in a glass along with ice cubes.
- Garnish with lemon slice and coriander.