This recipe for fresh green pea soup also known as English pea soup combines bright, sweet shelling peas with a bold veggie broth is a vibrantly-colored soup with a unique flavor and creamy texture, which you will enjoy thoroughly!
A simple Indian-spiced healthy and delicious vibrant green color, green pea soup can be served with a slice of bread.
A simple pea soup makes an elegant start to a meal.
Prepare time: 10 min
Cook time: 25 min
Ready in: 35 min
- 400 gram frozen
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 cup milk
- 1 onion finely chopped
- Coriander/parsley chopped
- Put butter, onion into a large Pan and cook for 2 minutes, then add the peas and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the stock, milk, parsley, salt and pepper and cook for 5 minutes.
- Pour into the blender with some mint and puree until smooth.
- Return the soup into the Pan and add chopped mint, peas, cream.
- Reheat for 2 minutes.
- Garnish with Coriander and serve.